Autor Tema: Many Questions  (Leído 5636 veces)

3./JG51_Stecher

• Cadete
  • Carisma: 0
    • Ver Perfil
Re:Many Questions
« Respuesta #30 : septiembre 10, 2014, 11:17:00 am »
The clue on the points being 1 if not in the puntos.json helped us track it down.  Thanks.  After killing many things and checking the score one by one, it wound up being the airfield resource buildings.  They were what was counting as 1 point, and giving us those weird scores.  They are not missing from the puntos.json, but they are mis-named.

This is what they are listed as in the default puntos.json:
"almacen_combustible":100,
"almacen_bombas":100,
"almacen_municion":100,
"almacen_reparacion":100,

But when I eventually checked the eventos.json, after destroying them, they were being called by different names than above.  When I changed the puntos.json to match what the eventos.json was calling them, it fixed it, and they are now scored as 100.  It needed to be this:
"almacen_fuel":100,
"almacen_bombs":100,
"almacen_ammo":100,
"almacen_kits":100,

Is this only an issue when playing with the English version enabled?  Or could this be happening to you guys as well?

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
  • Carisma: 645
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #31 : septiembre 11, 2014, 08:22:39 am »
Well done Stecher!!  :bor:

I'm a fool!! I should not associate the translated name of the building to his score ... but now... I'm remember the reason of it...   :M8:

Yes!, you are right!, this bug appear when the system run another language than spanish, this should be documented...

Anyway, your test group are doing a huge work!! thanks very much!!

The other errors is unchek still, I'm a infernal week, so sorry, as soon as is possible I will check ;)

"Fue en España donde los hombres aprendieron que uno puede tener razón y ser derrotado, que la fuerza puede destruir el alma, y que a veces el coraje no obtiene recompensa" - Albert Camus

pingu

• Aliados
  • Polkovnik
  • Carisma: 108
  • Hay gente pa tó
    • Ver Perfil
    • Halcones Rojos
« Respuesta #32 : septiembre 11, 2014, 10:01:58 am »
Hello Stecher,
we really apreciate your effort using our system, we really expect you to have real fun with it. It is great to read that you are improving the translation of this system into english, please make it available to us so we can add it to the "oficial" version. It's something badly needed to finally polish HRCODWAR and spread it into the virtual pilot comunity.

It's a daunting effort to build the full system in spanish at first and then move it to an english version. We built, documented, tested and played the spanish version first, so we found ourselves exhausted when we decided to move it to an english version. Your interest and your questions about HRCODWAR will make of it a better and reliable system.

3./JG51_Stecher

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #33 : septiembre 13, 2014, 01:09:10 pm »
We certainly appreciate what you guys have done here.  The more we get into it and learn the system, the more impressive it is.  And I have to say, in many of the server messages, we get a good laugh at the personality you put into it, instead of just dull messages. ;D

A few months ago, we were debating what to do with our community, and considered moving from the old IL-2 over to CLOD.  When we came across your project, it was one of the deciding factors to make the jump.  We're lucky you released it at the right time when we were looking for something just like it, or else face the huge task of trying our own from the ground up.  Even more, your willingness to help, and be open to people modifying things (which we're exited to try) is really terrific.  We'd be happy to send over our English files when we think we've got them in a complete state.  We're still going through things as we become exposed to new parts.

Our big road block right now is getting the orders to come through again.  Still not really sure what happened to break that.  We're doing a complete reinstall of everything, and crossing our fingers. ;)

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #34 : septiembre 13, 2014, 06:37:23 pm »
So sorry Stecher, this week has been impossible to me check the another problems, we keep in mind yours questions and I'm on way ;)

stay tuned!  :bor:

"Fue en España donde los hombres aprendieron que uno puede tener razón y ser derrotado, que la fuerza puede destruir el alma, y que a veces el coraje no obtiene recompensa" - Albert Camus

3./JG51_Stecher

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #35 : septiembre 14, 2014, 04:40:38 am »
Not a problem at all.  Thanks for taking a look whenever you can.  We've got plenty to keep busy in the mean time. :)

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #36 : septiembre 16, 2014, 09:08:05 pm »
News!!

About your web communication problem I have reproduced the error, in fact the response of the script:

http://www.ghostskies.com/cod/ajax/services.php

Is not a valid json object, the return data is:

Código: [Seleccionar]
???{"r":true,"m":2,"datos":{"allied":"","axis":""}}
Yes!! with three ? chars on the beginning, this is the problem.

If you have not changed the script and saved with a different format than UTF 8-NOBOM , probably it's a transfer error to server, upload again the script and remember set the transfer like binary, not plain text.

But, If you have changed the script (remember save it in UTF 8-NOBOM format), be sure you don't have any chars after the php tag at the end of file, you know, ?> , the script file (services.php) must end with ?> no more extra chars, because the file return a json object and any extra chars will corrupt the json object, ok? ;)

The typical three ? is a format file error, sure ;)

Well... this was easy ;D, the other errors next days ;)

ps: UTF8 NOBOM format is pretty important because ajax call and json objects working in this format

3./JG51_Stecher

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #37 : septiembre 19, 2014, 08:05:10 pm »
Unfortunatley, it's not proving to be that simple.  We've checked for extra characters in the services.php (a file we never touched), and it's clean.  We checked the file format for the hrcodwar.cs, and made sure to resave any file we've ever gone into, and confirmed it was in UTF8 w/o BOM format.  Still, we get the same error when it tries to contact the website for the order files.  We cleared out the website and server installs, and completely reinstalled everything on both.  And we're getting the same error.   ???

II./JG1_Spies is the one who hosts our website, and he's said that you guys can have permission to the ftp, if you'd ever consider checking on it for this problem.  We're not sure what else to try. :tillo:

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #38 : septiembre 19, 2014, 08:23:58 pm »
Hi Stecher!!

I'm working on hrcodwar.cs now , I think fixed the "Tank.Beaverette_III" and "Beaverette_III" double point count bug , thanks for your notice ;)

Don´t worry about the web, It will be a silly bug , will be easy to fix.

Ok, go!!,  send me and private message with the FTP data and I will check online on your server, no problem, I will test as soon as I can ;)

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #39 : septiembre 20, 2014, 08:06:43 am »
More news Stecher.

I saw the capture/escape error in a report on our last mission of our last campaign:

13.79   AS4       HurricaneMkI_100oct#j      Aparato destruido
13.81   AS4   CC   CC_rEd69_Jav      Capturado
13.81   AS4   CC   CC_rEd69_Jav      Escapa

About 19 mission with close to 40-50 pilots fighting and no error ... and.. in the last mission appeared the bug, this is incredible because the algorithm not permit the two events at the same time ... it's pretty weird ...

Seems like two servers instance running and the same time and every on did his own calculated...but this is impossible too  :tillo:

Anyway, I keep looking for the origin of the bug, I hope fix it, probably I will release a new version the next days.

I'm awaiting about your ftp data as well.

SG1_Lud

• Mladishy Leytenant
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #40 : septiembre 20, 2014, 01:28:58 pm »
I confirm I detected that "bug" in the statistics tool. Leading to some minor differences in the total balance of the outcome of a sortie.

There are also other strange isolated events like:
* Pilot landing but no take off briefing message. Example pilot E69_Rinuccio in HR CODWAR II.
* the other way around, pilot taking off and no ending record (no death, no captured or escaped, no landing).

But overall this is a minor issue, I've detected so far after 1.800 + lines of briefing parsed, 3-4 cases. I honestly believe this is not a HRCODWAR issue, but COD one.

Good news!
The new statistic tool (excel) has been debugged and improved with all the valuable data of HRCODWAR I and HRCODWAR II. Still a few things to polish, specially with ships, as none of these campaigns was intensive on sea operations. HRCODWAR III will serve to discover new improvements/features to be added when we make embark/disembark ops.

The new version is totally ready in Spanish, and is being translated to english as we speak. But... I have a problem: no english campaign data for testing it thoroughly. I can release it as RC, hoping that you guys can beta test it. Tools needed: Excel 2010, my tool itself, and a working english campaign server. I will support for the setup , first steps and troubleshooting.

You can see the HRCODWAR II stats result processed with this tool here: http://sg1.es/foro/HRCODWAR2stats/ (sorry, it will ask you to register, but it is a pretty straight process)

S!
« Última Modificación: septiembre 20, 2014, 01:32:07 pm por SG1_Lud »

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #41 : septiembre 21, 2014, 12:18:14 pm »
Thanks Lud for your report.

This bug make me crazy! :'(

wow!! amazing stats!! ;D

3./JG51_Stecher

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #42 : septiembre 21, 2014, 08:26:02 pm »
Yeah, I'm sure it will be something simple.  That's what makes it so frustrating not finding it, stopping our progress. >:( 

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #43 : septiembre 21, 2014, 09:17:09 pm »
Ok Stecher!! I checked!!

I think the problem is the content types configuration in your web server, we need to put our focus on the mine.types file of the Apache configuration.

You (your server administrator) should check If the line:

application/json json

Is commented or exist, I mean, If is:

#application/json json

Please, uncomment.

application/json json

Because the script:

http://www.ghostskies.com/cod/ajax/services.php

Return a valid json object with the header: Content-type: application/json , but the system (hrcodwar.cs) read a text plain buffer, the content type of the data return is Content-Type: text/html

Probably, the cause of the three questions chars is that.

The PHP script services.php return a valid json object but the Apache return a text/html corrupting the buffer.

Please, check this feature on the Apache configuration before continuing looking for another cause ;)

3./JG51_Stecher

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #44 : septiembre 23, 2014, 01:18:42 am »
I checked the mime.types file.  That line is not commented out.  It already looks like:

application/json      json