Autor Tema: Couple of questions  (Leído 1422 veces)

92 Sqn. Reddog (QJ-R)

• Cadete
  • Carisma: 0
    • Ver Perfil
Couple of questions
« : marzo 21, 2014, 03:24:46 pm »
Hi guys, thanks for releasing the source code, it's very interesting to see how people go about things. I've not yet got the campaign installed and running, but I have had time while commuting to and from work to have a look through bits of the code.

A couple of questions
1) Is there any chance of getting some translations in the cs comments? I don't speak any Spanish and so I'm very much stuck with understanding the comments and the logic behind some of the functions.

2) Is there a reason why you don't seem to use SQL to store information?

3) Where did you find the documentation or explanation of some of the inbuilt CloD functionality? I had no idea there was a server kick command for example. Was this worked out by testing and trial and error, or is it documented somewhere?

I'm sure I'll have some more questions as I get into it.

Regards,

Reddog

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
  • Carisma: 645
    • Ver Perfil
Re:Couple of questions
« Respuesta #1 : marzo 21, 2014, 05:44:49 pm »
Hi Reddog!! welcome to our forum ;)

Hi guys, thanks for releasing the source code, it's very interesting to see how people go about things. I've not yet got the campaign installed and running, but I have had time while commuting to and from work to have a look through bits of the code.

Yeah!, I know!!

A couple of questions
1) Is there any chance of getting some translations in the cs comments? I don't speak any Spanish and so I'm very much stuck with understanding the comments and the logic behind some of the functions.

I'm so sorry, originally, we never think about translated the campaign because we never imagine that the system takes a good reception for the community, for this reason, the source code has been wrote with spanish comments. If you need know the functionality of a function, please, you can post your doubt and we try to help you, but If you haven't experienced in the CLOD API and C# ... will be a bit hard :D

2) Is there a reason why you don't seem to use SQL to store information?

We have a lot of reasons... may be... the main reason is we have not a lot of time to development the campaign, if you know MYSQL (for example) it's not difficult implement database support, but we wanted a product simple and fast installation.
Another reason is that I don´t know the impact in the performance of the system doing connections to a database in real time, I believe "lag" connections or comunications problems can damage to performance... and anyway the save of the data is at the end of the mission so... really, we need a convencional database?, a few txt files in json format doing the work :D

Yeah! yeah! I know you are thinking, oh my god!! text file maintaining (update, insert, delete) is from medieval age!! we are in the XXI century!! you are crazy?? :D , yes!! you are right, but in normal operation scenary you never need to update this files,. HRCODWAR do it for you ;)

For this application, I not find strong reasons for having to use SQL.

3) Where did you find the documentation or explanation of some of the inbuilt CloD functionality? I had no idea there was a server kick command for example. Was this worked out by testing and trial and error, or is it documented somewhere?

I'm sure I'll have some more questions as I get into it.

Regards,

Reddog

Good question! ;D
The official forum is a good source: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/forumdisplay.php?f=189 and this http://sukhoi.ru/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192 too.
we have not any documentation about the API CLOD, but you can read the name of the functions and parameters and you can imagine their funcionality, of course, you need try again and again and again... but the community is the most important information source ;)

"Fue en España donde los hombres aprendieron que uno puede tener razón y ser derrotado, que la fuerza puede destruir el alma, y que a veces el coraje no obtiene recompensa" - Albert Camus

Vogler

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #2 : marzo 22, 2014, 01:44:10 am »
Are You guys planning to expand this system over whole map at some stage???

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #3 : marzo 22, 2014, 09:47:53 am »
Are You guys planning to expand this system over whole map at some stage???

What?? ;D , I think you have a wrong idea about HRCODWAR.

Please, read this if you can: http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/en/planning-campaign

The campaign let you choose where you wish to combat, a lot of features of the system is configurable, and the area of the battle is one of those. If you want, you can fight along the entire map, but ensure you have enough pilots for fill it ;D

Look, in beta test we did we fought on this BATTLE AREA:

http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/mapas/mapatest.jpg

In the first massive test used this (a bit more large):

http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/mapas/canal.jpg

Currently, in the campaign we are flying, we moved to south of england, a couple missions on autumn and now in winter, this our BATTLE AREA:

http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/mapas/hrcodwar2m.jpg

As you see, you can use the map you want ;)

"Fue en España donde los hombres aprendieron que uno puede tener razón y ser derrotado, que la fuerza puede destruir el alma, y que a veces el coraje no obtiene recompensa" - Albert Camus

Vogler

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 : marzo 22, 2014, 01:07:01 pm »
Forgive me my ignorance....I am typical forum user, first ask then read...

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 : marzo 22, 2014, 06:11:07 pm »
;D

Don´t worry Vogler , ask whatever you want ;)