Autor Tema: Storm of War  (Leído 1833 veces)

Vogler

• Cadete
  • Carisma: 0
    • Ver Perfil
Storm of War
« : marzo 21, 2014, 02:35:15 am »
Hello, on behalf of Storm of War team I would like to thank You for all effort thrown into writing such nice tool. I would love to implement campaigns into SoW server as soon as its possible however I am strugling with manual and server configuration. It is not quite clear to me how to implement web control for campaign. I set the passwords and squad names but cant log in for some reason into mission administration. I have not finished reading manual though....

What I have noticed is Steam log out cases server crash and battle stop cant be executed properly...  Your mission data rely on it and results will be lost. At this moment we are working on battle persistence which is being tested on larger scale during Mega Battle of Britain campaign. Basicly speaking I can update most of game state like actors destroyed, movement etc into MySql database and in case of server crash simply recreate last known state of mission actors and objects. I realise it will be far more datas to write but system is very simple and relible... and its working already.

If You guys interested in this sort of project let me know.
And forgive me I dont speak spanish whatsoever.

Vogler

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
  • Carisma: 645
    • Ver Perfil
Re:Storm of War
« Respuesta #1 : marzo 21, 2014, 08:35:52 am »
Welcome to our house Vogler ;)

Thanks for your words, the best reward for us is your fun.

When we planning the system campaign we discard using mysql to avoid complicating the development and only reads and writes text files (in json format), but you are right, If we use mysql we can do a persistent battle, but the original idea not is this, the original idea of HRCODWAR was make a campaign like SEOW style. In this scenario, two or more squads have a date one day to enter to battle and combat (one, two, three hours??), save the data and plan theirs movements and training to the next date. I'm not sure that a persistent battle can run well, because CLOD is not a finish product and I have serious doubts about their memory management along time... anyway, we wish to you and the Storm of War team very luck and success!! ;)

Really, as you said, the HRCODWAR have one problem, because the campaign save the data at the end of the mission and if the server machine or the dedicated server CLOD crash ... the data will be lost (you always can replay this mission again but the data of the progress in this mission is lost.), luckyly, this problem is not frecuently, The most frecuently problem is the Steam log out, in this case the data not will be lost, you always can write in the console of the dedicated server: "battle stop" and the data at this moment will be safe.

Now, your problem, have a problem logging where?:

In current campagin?

http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/en/campaign

The passwords is in:

hrcodwarweb/secret_folder_battle_data/claves.ini

In this file you find the password for the troup and for the chiefs of each side.

Código: [Seleccionar]
; Password to web access

CFG_PASS_ALIADO = "alliedpass"
CFG_PASS_EJE = "axispass"
CFG_PASS_ALIADO_COMANDANTE = "hr_pass,hr1_pass"
CFG_PASS_EJE_COMANDANTE = "hra1_pass,hra2_pass"

If you login in current campaign (http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/en/campaign) like "alliedpass" for example, you can see the map and the information of the campaign, but if you loggin like a chief with "hr_pass" for example, you will see the same, but you have an "extra" last tab (close to "Squadrons"), the tab named "Orders". If you click there, you can see the textarea where you can write your order for the next battle ;)

Now, If you want to loggin in Administration and Configuration??

http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/en/campaign-administration

You need the password attach in hrcodwarweb/config.inc.php , and is "$CFG_CLAVE_ROOT" , actually "rootpassword", if you loggin here with "rootpassword" you can edit clave.ini data through web, it's more easy ;)

Let us know your doubts, we will try to help you ;)

"Fue en España donde los hombres aprendieron que uno puede tener razón y ser derrotado, que la fuerza puede destruir el alma, y que a veces el coraje no obtiene recompensa" - Albert Camus

Vogler

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #2 : marzo 21, 2014, 10:47:17 am »
Thank You very much for quick answer.

Your tip about passwords helped me straight away, so thank You very much.... It was a bit confusing at the beginning but now its super.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I also have question about web ports.
If I set my web server on port localhost:8080 I am getting this error

Código: [Seleccionar]
Server: [HRCODWAR - ERROR SCRIPT (System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to
the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could b
e made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:80
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddre
ss socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Sock
et s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state,
IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCol
lection data)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(String address, String method, NameValue
Collection data)
   at Mission.HRCODWAR_Recibir_Ordenes()) ]

In which file do i configure that???

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks again for help. I am trying to get this system up as soon as possible.
I am sure there will be lot of interest in Storm of War with this sysytem.

We were tying to develop something similar to SEOW for Clod but got no way near to You guys.
So if You need some help with testing, i am glad to do it.

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #3 : marzo 21, 2014, 05:05:06 pm »
Sorry for delay Vogler, but these days I can connect most often.

Please, read this http://www.halconesrojos.com/hrcodwar/en/web-installation

Your problem has easy solution. If your web server don´t listen in the standard port (:80) you must specify it (the other port... in this case 8080) in any http call, so HRCODWAR communicates with the web server through a script  named hrcodwarweb/ajax/services.php and it's configured in the conf.ini of the campaign locate at the folder in your CLOD server machine hrcodwar/conf.ini in the variable: web_script_url

Now, this variable has this value:

http://localhost/hrcodwarweb/ajax/services.php?a=datos

Right? , it's simple, change it to:

http://localhost:8080/hrcodwarweb/ajax/services.php?a=datos

This should work ;)

Vogler, thanks for your testing offer, really we have been testing this project with a massive campaign since 2013 summer. Nowdays, we are flying a second edition between spanish squads, without their help the project would not be as stable.

We think, the campaign has been tested ok (even in english) , but a bug can appear an any moment :D, please, let us know ;)

The developing of the campaign is finished, may be, in a close future, we will incorporate new features. We are liberate the code with GNU general public licence, any can modify and improve the system ;)

"Fue en España donde los hombres aprendieron que uno puede tener razón y ser derrotado, que la fuerza puede destruir el alma, y que a veces el coraje no obtiene recompensa" - Albert Camus

Vogler

• Cadete
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #4 : marzo 22, 2014, 01:39:24 am »
Hi, no need to worry about rush :)

Regarding web server, I did configure it exactly the way You instructed me at the very beginning. I did configure hrcodwar/conf.ini with my 8080 port however I just noticed that there is one more thing to do to get it working... edit  hrcodwarweb/conf.ini variable $CFG_URL_HOME= 'http://localhost:8080/hrcodwarweb/';

Thanks for the tips.

Grainovich

• Polkovnik
    • Ver Perfil
« Respuesta #5 : marzo 22, 2014, 09:35:10 am »
oh! yes!, the website config, yes, you are right ;)